Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weekend With Ike

We are alive and well. Let us give you a recap of the last 72 hours...

Friday, September 12, 11:30pm: Finished watching 'My Sassy Girl' and placed final items for survival (flashlight, pilllows, etc.) in our safe spot from the storm. Headed to bed and began to doze off. The power officially went out around midnight. Winds were picking up but not too intense.

Saturday, September 13, 1:30am: The anxiety of the Ike's arrival keeps us up, not to mention the falling branches and rustling trees. The girls sleep soundly, but we removed some layers to keep them from sweating too bad. Aaliyah woke up briefly but went back to bed.

3:00am: IKE ARRIVES!!!

More details to come...

5 comments:

SueAnn said...

I am so glad you guys are ok! I was worried about you all night!

EVANS in the "D" said...

I am glad you guys are okay. I was worring about you. Those are quite some pictures.

tiffany said...

I've been thinking about you guys all weekend! Keep posting! I hope you all are doing alright!

The Stevensons said...

Wow looks like things got pretty crazy down there. I'm glad you guys are alright.

Kristin- Stampin' Fanatic! said...

I am so glad you are OK. Kev text you, I tried to call and got nothing. I am sure your cells were in and out of service.

Love you guys, and thrilled to hear that all is well!!