Wednesday, September 3, 2008

AaLiyAh's FirSt DaY oF SchOol

Aaliyah is a second generation in our family to attend 'L' Elementary. Derek and his brother Dustin both went to 'L'. It is exciting for Aaliyah to be able to go to school there and believe me it was no eaay task getting her in. We tried last year but found out that there was a waiting list to get in. So I signed her up in Feb. of this year so that she could get into the program this fall!!

It is definitely worth the wait...she thanked Derek and I tonight for letting her go to her new school and wants to know when she gets to stay for lunch. She pulled he and I together for a group hug and the thank you. Too sweet!

Today was Aaliyah's first official day of classes. She did so well, I am so proud of her. She was very excited and anxious to get to school this morning and she handled it like a pro. Adyson and I dropped her off at her class room and she said, "Love you Mommy... I will see you later"... And off to school she went. Even though I am getting a much needed break while she's in school... I miss her already!







5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's so exciting! She is getting so big! How's Houston and Derrick's new job?

SueAnn said...

She looks so excited!! What a little doll, it's hard to believe she grew up so fast!!

The Prices said...

So cute! I'm glad I can finally put a post on your blog! Ever since I found your blog, I've never been able to post and tell you how adorable your family is!

Kristin- Stampin' Fanatic! said...

Are you kidding me?! When did she get so big?!

She is precious, and geez I can't imagine why you'd miss her *rolls eyes*

Love ya Jen... we are due for a chat. I'll call ya soon, I have some things to fill you in on! :)

Hilarie said...

She looks so darling. I remember her and Parker in our family room when they could just barely walk! Now look at them! They grow so quick! :)