Friday, March 28, 2008

Homemade Macaroni & Cheese

Tonight as one of our side dishes I made homemade macaroni and cheese. This recipe is so easy to make why buy the boxed kind!! I will post the recipe this weekend. Enjoy the yummy pictures.


Creamy Macaroni & Cheese

5 Cups Cooked Macaroni ( 8 oz. raw)
4 TBS Butter
4 TBS Flour
1/4 Salt
1/8 Pepper, or to taste
2 Cups Milk
3/4 Cup Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
Paprika, optional
Bread crumbs, optional

In a saucepan,melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir flour into the butter until smooth and bubbly. Stir in salt. Gradually add milk,stirring constantly. Continue to cook,stirring constantly, until thickened.
Add cheese and continue to to cook and stir until melted. In an 8x10 -inch baking dish,alternate layers of macaroni and cheese sauce. Sprinkle with paprika,if desired. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.

The only thing that I do differently is I use the spiral macaroni at 5 cups raw,double the cheese sauce recipe, and I add two or more cups of cheese and I bake it in a 9x13 pan.

Hope that you enjoy it. If you end up trying the recipe let me know what you think!
Diana Rattray - Your Guide To Southern Food

2 comments:

SueAnn said...

That looks way yummy! I can't wait to see the recipe. I (and a few friends) started a recipe blog there is a link to it on my blog called Our recipes. I am always up for new things to try.

Unknown said...

Your Macaroni pictures made me hungry!

Paul and I just wanted to say hello and we hope all is well!