Sunday, March 16, 2008

Astute Aaliyah

We had a rough morning yesterday. Unfortunately, we had a run-in with Miss Aaliyah after breakfast and delayed her arrival to a play-date at the church. There was enough of a ruckus to have her sit in time-out for 15 minutes.

After we all had some time to cool down Aaliyah apologized to Jenny and came over to me at the couch. We exchanged apologies and she grabbed my hand. She walked me into our hallway where this picture of Christ visiting the Nephites hangs and pointed saying, "Jesus listens. Be like Jesus Daddy." I don't remember what else she said after that, tears came and I looked at Jenny...we just smiled. How wise our sweet little Aaliyah is.

4 comments:

SueAnn said...

That is so sweet. Sounds like you have quite a girl on your hands! It is so amazing and rewarding when they say things like that. You must be doing a great job!!

tiffany said...

sometimes I shouldn't check blogs while at work- my eyes just filled with tears! what a sweetheart!

Anonymous said...

Tears, indeed. That's the most beautiful thing I've heard in a long time.

The Fraser's said...

awesome...