It has been a quick 2 weeks since I posted a 'what's happening' blog. The last two weeks have been flown by. Where to begin...we've seen a few flicks (National Treasure 2-decent, The Kite Runner-fantastic!, P.S. I Love You-great, Indiana Jones-blah, and L' Auberge Espagnole-so-so). Aaliyah finished Pre-K and begins swimming lessons and her summer classes at The Little Gym this week. Addy has taken off, she is a speed walking machine. She also has taken an interest in climbing into the kitchen cabinets that aren't locked. The other night I was cooking in the kitchen and noticed that she had gone through her routine of pulling all the spices and what not off of the cabinet's shelves. What I didn't notice was that she cleaned things out so she could stash herself away in there. We looked for a moment and then realized she had closed herself in. Too cute!
Last Thursday, we had a scare after the tornado hit Windsor, CO. Derek's parents live there and fortunately did not get hurt. The only major pain was not having power for a few days. Just to have ice in their water was a gift. They also said that they were not permitted to drive through certain parts of town due to the severe damage...sure does put things into perspective.
On a lighter note, for Memorial Day Weekend we saw the new Indiana Jones movie and then woke up Saturday and had a garage sale. Our second in 7 months...yes, we had tons of goodies to unload. It is nice to see the other half of our garage. To top it all off we went with the Beezer's to Galveston. Aaliyah and Addy loved playing on the beach and splashing in the ocean. It was so much fun to enjoy the simple things with them.
7 comments:
What a let down that Indiana Jones was just "blah". I know Derek was so excited for it. I guess we'll wait to rent it.
Adyson in the cupboard is about the cutest thing ever!!!
Cute picture of Adyson. The getting into EVERYTHING phase looks like it is taking place in your house too. Sounds like you guys have been busy!!
I love the update! More photos please! :-) I do love the pic of Addy. How funny! Hope all is well! PS I wish I lived close to come to your little group! Post photos of the stuff you are going to do! I would love to see what you are up to!
I can't believe how much your family has grown. Glad to hear the folks are ok! I accidently erased your number so call me back. Loves!
Your kids are fabulous, Jen!!
I wanted to mention, Sur la Table has some adorable little cupcake dishes, here:
http://www.surlatable.com/product/tabletop+%26+serving/new+tabletop+%26+serving/cupcake+dessert+plates%2C+set+of+4.do
Thought you'd LOVE these!
Miss you much!
Good for you guys with doing garage sales! We just haul everything to the D.I.
We will be in TX August 15th! Can't wait to meet the whole family!
Post a Comment