I made these muffins this morning for brunch...my attempt to be healthy. They turned out so well, Aaliyah even liked them. I was inspired from another blog where they have posted their creations: food and crafts. So, I upgraded the recipe a bit and here it is...
Basic Bran Muffins
1 Box Hodgson Mill Bran Muffin Mix
1 TBSP Butter or Vegetable Oil
1/2 Cup 2% Milk
1 Egg
Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 6 Muffin cups with paper liners or grease muffin cups. Place contents of package into mixing bowl; cut in butter or vegetable oil. Add milk and egg. Mix well until moist. Let sit in bowl for 10 minutes. Spoon batter into paper liners or greased muffin cups. Optional: Add 1/2 cup raisins,chopped apples, shredded carrots or zucchini. Bake 15 minutes. I replaced the butter and oil with 3TBSP of flax seed and added a 1/2 of Gala apples.
Yield 6- 7 muffins
No comments:
Post a Comment