Saturday, November 22, 2008

Twilight: The Movie That Should've Been Free!



Derek didn't like it at all (see his blog: A Movie House), but I will unleash my thoughts soon. I loved the books-finished the series in 6 days, yes girls I am an addict. The movie was good in some ways but a letdown in others.

My thoughts on Twilight...well I enjoyed seeing the characters come to life, beyond what they looked like in my head. I enjoyed watching the baseball scene on screen, Bella and Kristen Stewart's portrayal, as well as most of the story line. I didn't like how short some of crucial scenes were...the fight between Edward and James, Alice and Bella's relationship...there wasn't any, especially the development that occurs in the hotel in Phoenix.

I wish that Edward would have not been portrayed as such a wuss...Yeah he was 17 but he's been a teenager for over a century. Show me some class and his wardrobe needed some work. I would have liked to have seen Alice getting Bella ready for prom to show more of their friendship and develop their relationship. Also, I was bothered by the beach scene where Jacob unveils the Cullen's secret to Bella. I didn't like how they removed that moment from the movie only to replace it with Bella finding a book about the 2 legends (Cold Ones and Werewolves).

It is worth seeing to form your own opinion, don't go in blindly...READ the books, they are fantastic!

4 comments:

SueAnn said...

I went and saw it last night and LOVED it! I thought I would be disappointed because I didn't know how they would be able to make it to fit the book but overall I thought it was good!

EVANS in the "D" said...

I went thinking it would suck beyond all belief. Well then... when it wasn't the worst movie I was pleasantly surprised! There was some good, some bad. Kristen Stewart did a good job. Hopefully Robert Pattinson will get some acting lesson's before the next. He looked constipated half the time. Oh well I still enjoyed it. Hey check my blog, I have some fun news. ;)

Jalei & Lane said...

Even though the movie was 2 hours, it felt like it flew by! I totally think if they would have developed those important parts of the book more & stretched it to maybe 3 hours, people wouldn't have minded!

Miller Family said...

Hello Jenny, I love the recent pics of the girlies and I am really excited to see your photography web site!!! I am so proud of you for following your dream! It takes guts! I will update my blog soon...sorry for the lag in updates