Thursday, April 10, 2008

FrIdAy, APriL 4Th DErEk's B-DaY PArty


TexAS BroWN & DigGeR * 1988


TexAS BroWN & DigGeR All GroWN-uP * 2008

We had a surprise birthday party for Derek turning 30! Derek came home from work a bit early so he and I went an ran some errands to keep him distracted. We came home with bags in hand and everyone shouted 'surprise' as he walked in the door! It was so much fun..and so hard to keep it a secret! Aaliyah...

The dinner menu was based off of Derek's favorites... I served Chicago style hot dogs-bun,Polish hot-dog,brown mustard, with sautéed onions on top!! Wow, they were almost as good as the restaurant 'Chicago' that we go to every-chance we get while in Denver! The sides included baked homemade french fries and a yummy cucumber coleslaw. The birthday cake this year...wasn't! I baked him some homemade brownies topped off with a chocolate sauce and a scoop of vanilla Blue Bell ice cream!! D-E-Licious!

The theme of the party was movies! Derek loves movies mostly b/c he, his brother Dustin and their Dad would produce them growing up... with a script and everything! I showed one of the movies that they made called, 'The Sword Of David'.
It was raining that night so we couldn't do as planned,projecting the show onto screen in the backyard! But all in all we had a wonderful time watching the flick and helping Derek feel young again.

I wanted to thank everyone who helped make the night special for Derek!

7 comments:

Hilarie said...

We are so sorry we missed it. It has been so crazy! We actually didn't even get to the other event that we had that night either.

Demi is here now and my mom leaves on Monday so hopefully things will start to slow down. We have to get together soon!

SueAnn said...

That sounds like so much fun! What great ideas, how creative you are!! Happy Birthday Derek!

Unknown said...

oh the old movies!!! haha! those were awesome. with duss the digger.

derek and i made way too many movies. er....

we gotta come to houston soon!

Jalei & Lane said...

That invitation is SO cute! You're very creative!

The Fraser's said...

hahahahahahaha!!! awesome...

Unknown said...

That's exactly what I did for my man when he turned 30! I think the surprise element makes them break into the big 3 0 a little easier!

I love your invites though! You are so creative!

Kristin- Stampin' Fanatic! said...

I love all of it, Jen!!

So, when are we gonna open our own business?!

I love that we're both crafty chicas! ;)

Love and miss you guys... Ps. I'm so glad that both you and Derek are older than me & Kevin! Haha. :P