I just can believe that I had her 8 months ago! And that in four months she will be a year old! Wow, where does the time go...
Milestones at eight months are first, holding on to objects while walking. For example, she grips the coffee table and any other object or piece of furniture she can stand from and investigates the world around 2 feet higher than before.
Secondly, Addy has perfected screaming at the top of her lungs in the foreign language known as baby talk. Derek and I went for a Costco run last week and on the drive there she started talking to us in very long and loud bursts of conversation: like a little back-seat Oprah hosting a mid-day talking session.
Third, she is so mobile that I can't leave her alone for a second. When I am trying to get things done around the house I will leave her on the living room floor with her toys spread all around. I figure I have bought myself a few moments so that I can begin my to do list. It hasn't even been a minute and there she is crawling faster than the speed of light toward Derek at his desk. Before you know it she is standing and then you hear clack, clack, clack...what could that sound be? Handles to a desk drawer of course. That's what she'd rather be playing with than any of her toys. She is not a toy baby. It's totally fine that she likes to play with the handles, but when she is standing up and there is nothing other than the hard tile to break her fall it makes your heart skip a beat.
Last, but not least Addy has sprouted six teeth! There are three on the top and three on the bottom. Wow, can she bite! Addy will bite anything that comes in contact with her mouth...our fingers, Aaliyah's toys (B/C they taste better than her own)and even drawer handles.
We love you Addy. Our little Indiana Jones... Happy 8 months!
3 comments:
She is to cute! I love those teeth!!!
She seems very advanced for her age!
What a smart little one!! Man! She is so super precious! I love her!
Post a Comment